Manikin Examination Material
CITA will provide the articulator, all carrier trays (endodontic, prosthodontic, and lower arch), all teeth, and manikin head. Shrouds are typically provided by the testing site facility. Candidates should confirm availability of shrouds at their testing site .Candidates may purchase material from Kilgore International and Acadental to practice on prior to the examination.
Endodontic teeth may be purchased from Acadental:
Prosthodontic teeth may be purchased from Kilgore International, Inc.
Part III must be completed on three (3) artificial bi-layer teeth (#3, # 5 and #9) which will be mounted in a Nissin/Kilgore Carrier Tray. The bi-layered teeth are Nissin teeth which simulate enamel and dentin. The carrier trays will be inserted in a Nissin/Kilgore Articulator and mounted in a manikin with a shroud to be provided by the dental school. CITA will provide all complete carrier trays, articulators, bilayered teeth and VPS heavy bodied putty for stint fabrication.
The following items may be purchased by candidates from Kilgore International to practice on prior to the examination:
CITA EP KIT (Complete Testing Kit)
- CITA – CT (Carrier Trays with articulator – lower arch, upper Prosthodontic arch and upper endodontic arch)
- CITA – UP (Upper Prosthodontic carrier tray comes complete with Nissin A20-200 #3 bi-layer tooth, Nissin A20-200 #5 bi-layer tooth, Nissin A20-200 #9 bi-layer tooth and #4 Nissin root plug)
- CITA – LP (Lower arch carrier tray comes with a full complement of teeth)
- CITA – UE (Upper Endodontic carrier tray comes complete with #8 Acadental endodontic tooth and #14 Acadental endodontic tooth with Nissin insert)
CITA RE KIT (Endo Refurbishing Kit):
- 2 each CITA AD8 - #8 Acadental endodontic tooth
- 2 each CITA AD14 - #14 Acadental endodontic tooth with Nissin insert
CITA RK-1 KIT (Prosthodontic Refurbishing Kit)
- 4 each A20-200 - #3 Nissin bi-layerd tooth
- 4 each A20-200 - #5 Nissin bi-layerd tooth
- 4 each A20-200 - #9 Nissin bi-layerd tooth
- 1 each A2A-240 - #4 Nissin root plug
Endodontic treatment must be completed on two (2) artificial Acadental endodontic teeth (#8 and #14). The endodontic teeth will be secured in a carrier tray. Candidates may order the endodontic teeth from Acadental to practice upon prior to the examination. Please note that if tooth #14 is ordered from Acadental, it will not contain the Nissin insert which is required to secure the tooth in the socket of the carrier teeth. When ordering teeth from Acadental you will need to order RT-AE401_08RL (Tooth #8) and RT_AE401_14RL (Tooth #14).